By Benj Spencer
September 21, 2020
Muskegon Heights, MI - The Muskegon County Republican Executive Committee (Muskegon GOP) announced that:
Current elected State and County Officials and all candidates for State and County offices for the November 3, 2020 election and its Executive Leaders have signed a Republican Contract with Muskegon County pledging to honor the stated tenets in carrying out the duties of their office during their next term if elected.
They formally took an oath to honor this commitment September 21, 2020 at 5:30 PM at the Muskegon GOP Headquarters in Muskegon Heights, Michigan.
“There are five basic tenets we can all agree on:
1) Fiscal Responsibility: Spend less than you bring in;
2) Job Creation: Promote jobs and skilled trades training and you quell the largest public health crisis: Poverty;
3) Promote Family: Ending fatherlessness will help reduce illiteracy, emotional, social and behavioral problems in our youth;
4) Equity & Equality: Every life matters and every citizen deserves equal treatment and protection of public health and safety and their inalienable rights given by our Creator;
5) Support Public Safety: We must adequately fund law enforcement and equally apply the rule of law to protect ourselves and our State and Federal Constitutional Rights.”
Said Muskegon GOP Chair, Joe Bush, “Credit goes to Ronald Reagan’s 1985 State of the Union Address, Newt Gingrich and Dick Armey for some of the text, and for the idea, similar to the 1994 Congressional Contract with America, but here the focus is on letting Muskegon County citizens know these candidates will protect these rights and advocate for these ideas in carrying out their oath of office when elected.”
Benj Spencer is a graphic and web designer with a Bachelor of Science degree in Digital Media Design from Baker College Muskegon, Michigan. He is also a Muskegon County Republican Party Executive Committee Member where he serves as Communications Committee Chair. You can contact Benj at MuskegonCountyRepublicans@gmail.com